Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missyladybug

Anybody here use Benjamin Moore's Kitty Gray on their exterior?

missyladybug
14 days ago
last modified: 14 days ago

I want a medium-deep gray for my exterior with white trim and black door and shutters. I have narrowed it down to Grizzle Gray by Sherwin Williams or Kitty Gray by Benjamin Moore. Both are beautiful colors. Kitty Gray has a touch more green showing than Grizzle Gray, but Grizzle Gray is a bit of a chameleon and is a deep, lush gray with cyan undertones. The Kitty Gray is just a little bit lighter in shade and looks a bit like a Williamsburg or historic color. I love them both and have painted them on my siding to sample them. Both look very nice.. Cannot make up my mind! I've seen a house in Grizzle Gray and it's gorgeous but have not seen any Kitty Gray exteriors in "real life". Anybody painted their homes with Kitty Gray? I would love to hear your comments! Thanks so much! Here is my house with the old paint on it for reference

Comments (6)

• cat_ky
    14 days ago

Please do not paint on the siding. Get some big poster paper and paint a couple of each color. This way, you can move them around your house, all times of the day, so you know what each color will look like in all types of lighting conditions. Painting on the siding, and the swatch picks up off the background color, and then you may not like the color, once a whole side of house is painted. What looks great on someone elses house, may not look great on yours.

• missyladybug
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Thanks. I do have sample swatches, but they are smooth, the siding has grain, so it helps to do the siding too. I do move the swatches all around the different sides of the house and I also use a "tube" to look through, so it doesn't clash with the current color. Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it.!

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

Grizzle Gray is medium shade of green and Kitty Gray is a shade of green-cyan

• missyladybug
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Thank you so much! I love both colors! Will have to make up my mind soon....

• missyladybug
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Thank you Debbie! I know! It's a cute name isn't it? It's really a pretty color in person - gray with green in it, and reminds me of a house color one might see on a historical house or a Williamsburg paint color. Thanks for the advice, too, about the panels and such. Unfortunately I didn't figure out to paint on poster board or shingles before I already painted on the siding, but it's fine and I have shown it to my painter. I am not painting any more, as I have narrowed in on Grizzle Gray or Kitty Gray - both lovely colors. For reference here is my house with the old color on it.: