Soft Kitchen Decor

Ty peterson
2 months ago

Newly renovated kitchen. My style is soft luxury. I need help
Soft decor for shelving over the wet bar area and countertop decor. Please help

Comments (26)

• arcy_gw
    2 months ago

Define 'soft'??? Nothing is soft in your area. Kitchen's are not as a rule soft. You have area rugs or curtains to choose from. Maybe go with roman shades and get some COLOR with your soft. It's a very sophisticated beautiful look. Not super inviting or usable appearing but it does look like a jewel box. #1 a kitchen needs to be FUNCTIONAL.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 months ago

Not really understanding what you're after. You've got the glam going in waterfall island, your lighting, tile to the ceiling.

Bar accoutrements are not really "soft" , nothing on a counter top is. Even a wooden bread board is hard: )

If you mean a bit more organic, earthier? Might be a bit late. Are you unhappy with the kitchen?

• ShadyWillowFarm
    2 months ago

You need rugs, curtains, other fabrics to soften the space. The chairs might be fabric but since they are the same color as the island base they disappear, even when the under mounted lighting is on.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 months ago

I always love fresh flowers for a bit of color and IMO softness. I agree the stolls in an actaul color would be much better. I do not like rugs in kitchens. A bit free form hand made wooden bowl could be nice . The bar area I ssume is where the open shelving is so some color there I like simple and IMO roman shades will not really suit the space .What is the space right next to this that we do not see? I am a minimaliist but even I likesome thing on my counter . Maybe the colorful stools and some glassware in the same color could be all you need .

• Ty peterson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Thank you everyone for your responses.
    The bar stools are velvet hunter green. The island is Tricorn Black.

• Ty peterson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Yes, I love the way the kitchen turned out. Just missing the hood which should be installed this week

My definition of soft.
    I prefer earthy color palette, natural stone surfaces, organic modern influences, and the use of warmer-toned woods — particularly in furniture design.

I love symmetry, clean lines, lots of white, contrast, simplicity, warm minimalism, and soft, luxurious comfort

modern luxury: clean lines, neutral hues, oversized furniture, abstract artwork, symmetrical spaces, luxurious textiles, gilded mirrors, and glamorous lighting.

beautiful, chic, and timeless.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 months ago

Take better pictures of the kitchen in daylight please, with the shades up.

We're trying to figure out if you went off the rails and confused "Luxury" with "Glam Girl"?

The little wood accent you added in shelving is too little to be more than an afterthought look, honestly.

Maybe show the inspiration picture that began your project?

• Ty peterson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

I opened the kitchen up to the 2 story family room. Here are pictures with daylight. The white oak shelves was apart of the original cabinet design done by the cabinet company.

• Ty peterson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

My inspiration pics

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

First thing I do? Wait for the hood ( what IS that hood ) and sorry.....!!!

Change the pendant lighting.

That's your biggest misfit - go back and look at the inspos you posted.

• blueskysunnyday
    2 months ago

Plants!

• highdesertowl
    2 months ago

I agree that the pendant lights don't seem to fit with the aesthetic you are going for. They add a degree of "coldness" that seems in direct contrast to the pictures you posted and the organic, soft feel you are after.

• Ty peterson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Here’s the hood

• Ty peterson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Can you provide a pic of pendants that would fit the aesthetics ?

• stiley
    2 months ago

I think you have a really nice space that just needs some finishing touches. I agree with Jan that swapping out the pendants would definitely get you closer to that organic feel you're going for. Here are a couple from Serena & Lily that could work. I'd also bring some of the barstool green over to the living room area, even pillows with a hint of green. And plants. I'm afraid that space will be noisy since it's so open; maybe consider a really large rug to layer under your cowhide, plus some big drapery to help absorb sound.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 months ago

Honestly, I don't think you really understood your own inspiration. Even the hood you chose is "hard" and high contrast, and will sit on a wall of hard tile.

Get the hood in, see where you are and how you feel.

Your feel as of now is a lot different than what you envisioned, right? Slow down a bit: ) Step back from it for a bit. Go get a big bunch of single color flowers....: ) Put a little color in, or do all white with some greens.

• Ty peterson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

All responses are very helpful
    Thanks. I will explore options and suggestions

• Tina
    2 months ago

Following…..

• la_la Girl
    2 months ago

Lovey light in your space! I agree with plants and adding texture where you can - I agree with the pendant light swap (it will make a huge difference and you can sell yours on Marketplace)

• Maureen
    2 months ago

More wood, shelves on the back wall to create a softer feel, clay, greenery, and new lights. Enjoy your lovely kitchen.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    2 months ago

I really love the green stools but they disappear against the black island. I’d do wood on that side of the island. And bring lots more green ito the space. The cow hide rug is cool, but a rug with a bit of color and pillows with a bit of color will help soften the space. Everything is a neutral cream or brown.

• Ty peterson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Thanks For the reply Shadywillowfarm. I agree with you. I love with the look feel and comfort of the green stools such a shame they disappear in from of the black island 😢

• Ty peterson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Cow hide is a temp placement holder. Would love to see some recommendations on rugs. That would be really helpful

• sofikbr
    14 days ago

I would change lights to large/ airy gold pendants. Paint inside island with light golden brown. same color for hood.

• arcy_gw
    14 days ago

If you didn't have things you just couldn't wait to display--why did you put open shelving in? To purchase trinkets to fill shelves I'll never understand.