Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emmy_emma

Kitchen Island Decoration

Emmy Emma
last month

Does this island center piece (vase and flower) go with my space? Shall I add anything else?
Thanks!

Comments (15)

• Emmy Emma
    Original Author
    last month

• littlebug Zone 5 Missouri
    last month

It’s ok. Your kitchen benefits from the addition of cheery color.

The scale is off, to my taste. I would feel uncomfortable working on/moving around the island due to the size of the display. I would take the white saucer away. JMO, of course.

• auntthelma
    last month

It is pretty, but not right for when the island is in use for chatting in the kitchen or doing homework. Love the pink and black colors.

• Kate Cowers
    last month
    last modified: last month

Pretty kitchen! The arrangement is too big. Get something in the same colors (which are pretty) in a low round or oval planter, keep the height below 12 inches.

• HU-910663146
    last month

The vase is too large. The white plate underneath is tacky. Big no to the whole idea.

• RoyHobbs
    last month

It’s an attractive plant and adds needed color, but is not suited for a kitchen island. You could instead add color with a colorful (low) bowl of fruit.

• deegw
    last month

Like others, I like the flower color but the vase, plate and height don't really work. Your kitchen could use some natural elements. What about a low square or rectangular basket with some bright green succulents?

• chloebud
    last month

I like the low bowl (or other container) suggestion with fruit or flowers. Those wood dough bowls can be nice for fruit. I often fill mine with lemons from our tree and include some of the leaves.

• jck910
    last month

First I hear about decorating an island?? If you must do as suggested above a low bowl of fruit. And yes your vase is too high. Do you use the island for food prep? To eat on?

Add some color with faux roman shades on the windows or a tea kettle on the cook top or some caniters or a cookie jar

• Emmy Emma
    Original Author
    last month

Thanks you all!

• Boxerpal
    last month

You have a lovely kitchen,

Definitely something with a low profile and even with colors to bring out your blue paint and even the orange tone to your counters.

Like this...

And here is a sweet blog on kitchen island decor

By Stephanie LeBlanc Guide to Counter decor

• Maureen
    last month

The island is not very large and I think the arrangement will be a nuisance/interfere from a functionality perspective. Suggest an interesting, but practical bowl. On holidays/seasonally/when entertaining, it can become more decorative.

• arcy_gw
    last month

I don't get it. WHY??? Unless you are selling. Maybe you don't USE your island. FUNCTION comes first and that means don't clutter up your work area.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last month

I prefer only things tha are actually used in the kitcehn on the counters so yes to a bowl of fruit if you actually eat from it not just decor and I have my knives in a knife block on the side of my island where prep is done thats it I just realized even the bowl was moved for the photo . An island is the work space usually so no real decor needed .

• chloebud
    last month

“The island is not very large…”

Good point! For some reason I focused on your first photo thinking the island was larger.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County