Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_992539962

Dinning Room Accent wall

Bibiana
14 days ago

Hello.
I need help deciding what color should my accent wall be in my dinning room? Or should I not do an accent wall there since I’m doing one by chimney? Our house is an open concept with white walls and light tan doors and trims and green kitchen cabinets. Would like to add a mirror and some wood instead of art.

Comments (9)

• arcy_gw
    14 days ago

A painted accent wall does not jive with the ultra modern design choices you've already got going. What will the mirror reflect? If it's not worth seeing twice--rethink.

• cat_ky
    14 days ago

I would not paint an accent wall there. Paint it same color as the rest of the walls.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    14 days ago

This wall needs art not a mirror

• kandrewspa
    14 days ago

A mirror is rarely a good choice in a dining room. I think your desire for an accent wall is because so far the palette is very neutral and the same throughout. But accent walls shouldn't be used indiscriminately. They don't always work. Try to branch out to brighter colors when choosing artwork. Some people don't like rugs under their dining tables, but if you do, you could add some color and pattern with a rug. The kitchen is nice, but were you going to put pulls on the cabinets?

• Bibiana
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Thank you everyone for your help. I will be doing same color and do art instead of mirror because yes there’s nothing worth seeing twice there.
    @kandrewspa yes those should be coming in tomorrow. I ordered some gold pulls from Amazon.

• cat_ky
    13 days ago

Defintely could use some colorful art, and a rug with some color in it, and maybe a few colorful accessories.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    12 days ago

A contrasting wall so your art is more prominent would work.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    12 days ago

I would do that wall with the art in the same color as the cabinets no mirror the art is great but a nice shallw shlf along thta wall and please no dog feeders in the DR.

• elcieg
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

The dining area is so tight. I think painting the wall something darker the other walls, a color of your choice, will give the effect of a deeper space. Then in this photo is what I would do to make the walll more important. Frame out a good size area and paint inside it white then hang your art. It would make the room look wider. Searched around for photos and found this one to give a visual of what I have in mind.

If you haven't purchase chairs, this style in the photo would be perfect. Tall back, no arms, and sleek looking will help with the small area.