Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_990628425

New Dining Chairs

We are planning to replace our dining chairs but I am unsure with what. Attached is what we have and the adjoining open spaces. We have three kids and a dog so I am hoping to find something durable that also won’t totally break the bank.

Comments (15)

• Design Fan
    13 days ago

What is it about the chairs that you want to change?

Your current chairs fit into your home design. Have you considered spray painting the legs black?

• WestCoast Hopeful
    Original Author
    13 days ago

The chairs are being replaced to our covered porch and we want to get new dining chairs. We are not painting the legs. In a new dining chair I’m hoping for something a bit more comfortable.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    13 days ago

I think Arhaus is a great blend of comfort, style price.....

First one is in their outdoor category....read kids??

• WestCoast Hopeful
    Original Author
    13 days ago

These are all beautiful.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

I have had very good luck in that dining category @ Arhaus.

Good customer service, in home delivery and among all the online sources for this particular category? They excel. If a store near you? Nice to go sit in person!

( I love that first one.....and the fact that the fabric will tolerate some "kid weather"?

• WestCoast Hopeful
    Original Author
    13 days ago

They don’t appear to have Canadian locations so I’ll need to keep looking for something we have here. Since the goal of the change is comfort too I definitely want to sit one them first. But the styles have given me a nice starting point

• mcarroll16
    13 days ago

I love the look of several Gus Modern chairs. Didn't end up buying any because I couldn't find time to drive up to Vancouver to test in person. But maybe one of their showrooms would be an easy drive for you?

• WestCoast Hopeful
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Which one did you like? There is a store down the street that sells Gus brand

• mcarroll16
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

I loved the Thompson chair, but they don't make it anymore. Their Cardinal is the closest current model. Your home can handle more substantial furniture than mine though (I've got a small 50s house with low ceilings). For your space I might like the uphostered version of the Lecture chair, or the Bracket. Cushions are a really nice feature in a dining chair, and leather or vinyl upholstery works great with kids.

• WestCoast Hopeful
    Original Author
    13 days ago

I love both of those. We do have these leather chairs in our living room. Would we be trying to avoid same colour to go with same colour?

• mcarroll16
    13 days ago

I don't have the design skills to answer that question, so hopefully Jan will give you an opinion. I'll make it easy for her by attaching pictures.

Bracket Chair:

Lecture Chair:

Cardinal Chair:

• WestCoast Hopeful
    Original Author
    13 days ago

I quite like bracket but it’s so dark?

Cardinal is nice but unlike any other wood we have

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    13 days ago

Gus Modern Lecture comes other colors

Leather and fabric, No law says you can't do four light, two dark or reverse ?

• WestCoast Hopeful
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Would the wood walnut version be a no? It’s 35% off…

• WestCoast Hopeful
    Original Author
    13 days ago

A friend of mine just sent me this link and I kind of like them…

We got these in leather. All of the chairs have removable covers, very comfortable! https://www.kingliving.ca/shop/dining/dining-chairs/quay-indoor-dining/quay-din-chair-armless-wtx